Thursday, June 7, 2018

Centenarian

When I provide therapeutic harp music in facilities, it is typical that I do not have information on the patient or resident other than name and age.  Last week I was thrilled to provide the joy of music to a Centeraian, 100.5 years old!  She had two daughters with her, chatting, trying to keep her spirits up.  When I showed up with the small harp and ukulele, I knew right away only the harp would work as she had only one hand she could use.  She sat up a little straighter, raised her hand to meet the strings on the harp that laid on the table before her and stroked it as her eyes started to sparkle and smile.  Her daughters told me that music was very important to her in her life, that she played the piano before and how this little harp seemed to make all the difference to her in that moment.

No comments: