Saturday, April 28, 2018

Accessible Harp Music

In addition to providing therapeutic harp music and instruction to those with challenges, I have been publishing No-C-Notes audio music described score for 30 years now.  Most of the music I have transcribed from print into audio has been per request from a musician, student or teacher which has been copyrighted.  That means I could not resell it to anyone other than the requester.  I have such a large library of transcribed works, but major publishers have yet to give me permission to resell it.  Obtaining permission is my 2018 goal!

I have coached many new harpers with learning how to play a lever harp and they have asked if they could have Teach Yourself to Play the Folk Harp by Sylvia Woods in No-C-Notes audio.  She graciously said Yes! and the project is now complete.  This book and Laurie Riley's Play the Therapy Harp in No-C-Notes have excellent instruction and music exercises and songs for beginners through intermediate players.

Check out both of these books in the No-C-Notes Harp Store along with some single copy harp sheet music audio described at: https://www.xinamusic.com/no-c-notes-store/no-c-notes-harp-music/

Want only melody with chords, then check the Lead Notes for lead sheet music large selection:  https://www.xinamusic.com/no-c-notes-store/lead-notes/

I am excited with Teach Yourself to Play the Folk Harp now available in No-C-Notes version.  I have been slowly finishing up some public domain, mostly Celtic, harp music to offer so keep checking the catalog pages.

My future blog postings will be keeping you up-to-date with new audio score availability, response to questions and requests and interviews with harpers with disabilities and teachers.

No comments: