Sunday, May 10, 2009

P.E.O. with Georganne Hunter


P.E.O. is a significant guiding strength in my life and I was delighted that Georganne Hunter, who was my guide and teacher with the harp, joined me in presenting a Harp-Abilities program to my Chapter DD in Duluth. Georganne brought her 36 string lever floor harp (Kortier harp) and played and talked of the different modes and moods that can be obtained by the harp. I brought my 24 string lever Eden therapy harp, Synchronicity, and lap zither for my P.E.O. sisters to try their Harp-Abilities. Fear of “not being musical” went away with their first pluck of the strings and realizing that music is within, not just something on paper in difficult notation or under the direction of the conductor.

P.E.O. is a Philanthropic Educational Organization of women who devote their time and energy to education for women and support of each other. More information at: http://www.peointernational.org

No comments: